Gongura Pulusu (గోంగూర పులుసు, புளிச்சாக் கீரை புலுசு, पीत्वा साग) This tasty curry is very easy to prepare. Gongura is a very famous tangy green leaf. In Tamil Nadu it is called “pulichakeerai” in Tamil. The leaf itself is sour in taste. It is available in two forms, one green and the other red. Gongura is mainly used for pickles which tastes good with hot rice and sliced onions.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamil Nadu; Maharashtra; Gujarat; South India and some places in North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Take with rice | Type Curry | Shelf Life : 2 day| Quantity : 5 Servings .
Appx. Nutritional values : Calculated for 1 serving ( 2Tbs)
Calories ( 40Kcals) , Carbohydrates(10 g) , Protein (1g), Fat (1g)
- Gongura/Sorrel leaves 1 bunch
- Small Onion 1 cut in to pieces
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1tsp
- Tomatoe 1 small cut in to pieces
- Green chilli 3 Sliced
- Salt to taste
- Chana dal 1tsp
- Urad dal 1tsp
- Mustard seeds 1tsp
- Red chilies 2 broken into pieces
- Curry leaves 5
- Garlic 10
- Hing 1/4 tsp
- Oil 1tbsp
- Clean the gongura leaves ,In a pressure cooker add gongura leaves, onion pieces,green chillies with little water.
- It’s enough for 1 whistle.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and put all the seasoning ingredients once they are done .
- Add the seasoning to gongura mixture , than add chili powder, turmeric ,salt and mix well.
- Adjust seasoning and enjoy with hot rice, plain dal and Ghee.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Maharashtra and Gujarati Cuisine (Gongura Gravy)