Gongura Pachadi (గోంగూర పచ్చడి, புளிச்சாக் கீரை பச்சடி, ಗೊಂಗುರ ಪಚ್ಚಡಿ ,कुम्मैत पत्तियों चटनी) Gongura Pachadi an “Andhra Special” dish. This is very healthy food as it is rich in IRON.
Regional Dish: Andhra Pradesh; Tamilnadu; Karnataka; South India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 30 min | Take with Rice or Roti |Type Chutney| Shelf Life 3 days | Quantity : 10 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values:calculated for 1 serving ( 1tbp)
Claories (35K cals), Carbohydrates (3.5g), Protein(1g),Fat(2g)
- Gongura/ red sorrel leaves 2 bunches
- Onions 2 medium size (Cut into pieces)
- Green chillies/pacchi mirapakaayalu 10 to 15 nos
- Cumin/jeera 1 tsp
- Mustard 1tsp
- Oil 4 tbsp
- Garlic flakes 6nos
- Salt as required
- Separate gongura leaves from the respective stems. Wash and keep separately till all the water is drained.
- Take deep frying pan. Pour some oil (4 tsp) warm up.
- Add Onion and Green chilly. Fry for 5 min in low flame.
- Now add cumin, mustard and Garlic flakes in to it once the splutter ,Add gongura leaves and fry till all the water is evoporated in a low falme for 8 to 10 min.
- Swith off the stove. After it cools down make paste of it in a grinder with required salt.
- If one likes they can tamper again with mustard , curry leaves, cumin and red chillies.
Other variants / Cuisine Style: 1. Simple gongura pachadi