Gobi Patatha (गोबी पराठा) is a stuffed paratha that can be enjoyed at any time by all age groups. It is served with some pickle of choice, curd and some fresh salad. Now the stuffed parathas are prepared all over India and for busy mom’s we can get them ready made in frozen section. These are very filling and can also become one of best packed lunches.
Regional Dish: North India
Cuisine Style: Delhi Preparation Time 30 minutes | Take it as such or with a chutney| Type Roti| Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 4 nos.
Appx. Nutritional values : Calories (250 Kcal), Carbohydrates (20g ), Protein (2.6 g), Fat (2.5 g).
For paratha dough
- wheat flour 1 and 1/2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Oil 2-3 tsp.
- Cauliflower 1 cup (grated)
- Turmeric powder a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Grind (Cilantro 10 stems (trim the end part), Ginger 2″ piece,Green chilli 3 no.s (thai spicy chili)and Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp.
- Take a mixing bowl, add flour and salt mix well. Using water make it to a smooth dough, then add oil and knead for a minute and cover it and keep aside for at least 15 minutes.
- How to make stuffed Gobi Paratha, Knead the resting dough for few seconds and divide them in to 10 equal sized balls.
- Wash, drain the cauliflower florets and grate them finely. Keep this in a bowl, add salt(say 1/2 tsp.) mix it and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grind green chili, ginger, cilantro and cumin seeds to a coarse paste and keep ready.
- After 10 minutes, using your hands, squeeze out all the excess moisture in the shredded cauliflower and transfer it another bowl.
- To that, add turmeric and ground paste mix everything well ..that’s it stuffing gobi masala is ready to stuff.
- Do not let this mixture to rest for long time, once done start making parathas quickly.
- On a well floured surface, take one ball and roll to 3″ disc and keep 1-2 tbsp of gobi stuffing/filling and seal them by bringing all the edges together and roll them gently to a round ball.
- Then on a floured surface/rolling pan, start rolling gently to 8-9″ parathas.
- Do repeat the same procedure for remaining dough and gobi filling.(you will get about 6 9″ parathas)
- Heat tawa/griddle, toast the parathas on both sides till turn light golden brown…drizzle some oil on all around the parathas. After that remove from the tawa, Gobi paratha is now ready.It can be served with some pickle of choice and curds.
Do not add salt after squeezing the shredded cauliflower, then again it will starts oozing water, 1/2 tsp is bit more to 1 cup so again removing the moisture also salt amount will be perfect.
No comments yet.