Goan Green Chicken Curry (गोवा हरी चिकन करी) is an authentic goan recipe which is made with green chilies, curry leaves, ginger and coconut.
Regional Dish: Goa, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Konkan
Cuisine Style: Goa| Cooking Time 30mins | Take it with rice/ roti| Type Curry| Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (280Kcal), Carbohydrates (15g), Protein (18g), Fat (12g)
- 1 full chicken cut to medium pieces
- 1/2 tsp. garlic ginger paste
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- salt to taste
- 6 tbsp. desiccated coconut
- 2 green chilies
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 2-3 cups coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp. pepper corns
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 2 large onions chopped finely
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander to garnish
- 1 tsp. sugar
- cooking oil
- 1 1-2″ cinnamon stick
- 2 dried red chilies
- 4-5 cardamoms
- In a mixer, grind the coconut, coriander, mint, some salt, sugar, turmeric, pepper corns, cumin, half the onions & green chilies into a paste, adding water a little at a time till you get a smooth paste.
- Fry the remaining onions in hot oil.
- Add garlic-ginger paste, salt, cardamom, cinnamon, whole red chilies and fry well.
- Add the ground masala/spices 2 tbsp. at a time, frying well.
- Add washed chicken pieces & fry well for 2-3 minutes.
- Throw in the curry leaves; add 2 cups water, cover & cook till the chicken is done (1 whistle on high flame & simmer for 5 mins in pressure cooker).
- Garnish with chopped coriander & serve with steamed rice.