Ginger Chicken Curry (अदरक की चिकन करी) is loaded with the richness of ginger as the name itself, which can be enjoyed with rice or any Indian flat bread.
Regional Dish: North India
Cuisine Style: North India| Cooking Time 60mins | Take it with rice/ roti| Type Curry| Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (280Kcal), Carbohydrates (15g), Protein (18g), Fat (12g)
- 1 kg chicken-cut into pieces
- 2 Tbsp. ghee
- 3-4 whole red chilies
- 1 Tbsp. ginger paste
- 2 Tbsp. onion paste
- 2 Tbsp. ginger-shredded fine
- 1 Tbsp. coriander seeds-roasted and powdered
- 6 cloves-roasted and powdered
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon-broken
- 2 tsp. salt
- Ginger julienne to garnish
- Marinate the chicken in the ginger and onion paste for half an hour.
- Heat the ghee and add the red chilies.
- When they darken a bit, add the chicken and turn around over high heat, till opaque.
- Lower the heat and add the shredded ginger, powdered masala, and salt to the chicken.
- Add a cup and a half of water (depending on how much gravy you want).
- Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered till chicken is tender.
- Serve the spicy chicken curry hot, garnished with the ginger.