Garlic spice powder (వెల్లులి కారంపొడి, பூண்டு காரம் மாவு, लहसुन मसाला पाउडर) Karappodi, this is known to every South Indian. The famous South Indian idly is incomplete without karappodi. It can be served with almost all of the south Indian Tiffin’s or even with rice. Karappodi with a spoonful of ghee forms a best combination for soft and fluffy idlis. This spicy preparation when combined with garlic is very healthy.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamilnadu; South India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 15 minutes | Take with idli or dosa or rice with ghee | Type Powder | Shelf Life : 1 week.
Appx. Nutritional values :
- Urad dal 2 tbsp
- Chana dal 2 tbsp
- Red chillies 10 nos
- Cumin seeds 1tsp
- Coriander seeds 2tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds 1 tsp
- Tamarind 1 tbsp
- Seseme seeds 2tbsp
- Mustard seeds 1tsp
- Garlic pods 4pods
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Turmeric pinch of it
- Salt as per taste
- Heat oil in apan . Add mustard ,fenugreek, cumin , coriander seeds
- Once they are fried , add urad dal , chana dal , garlic pods , red chillies ,seseme seeds and fry them well .
- Put off the flame and add tamarind paste along with turmeric.
- Cool it and add salt to it and grind it to a fine course powder .
- It goes well with rice in case of cold and also with idli .
Other variants / Cuisine Style : Garlic spice powder with curry leaves 2. Garlic spice powder with dry coconut.