Garlic Pickle (लहसुन का अचार, వెల్లుల్లి ఊరగాయ, রসুন জরান) This pickle is a favorite pickle for anyone who like garlic. It is very simple pickle and can be made in small quantities so that can be enjoyed a fresh.
Regional Dish: North India, South India
Cuisine Style: South India| Cooking Time 30 mins | Take it with roti/ rice | Type Pickle| Shelf Life : 1 month| Quantity : 20 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (40Kcal), Carbohydrates (8g), Protein (1g), Fat (9g).
- Garlic-2 cups
- Lemon juice-1 cup
- Red chilli powder- ½ cup
- Coriander powder – ½ cup
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil- ½ cup
- Oil- ½ cup
- Mustard seeds -1 tbsp.
- Cumin seeds -1 tbsp.
- Dry red chilli-5
- Asafoetida -1tsp.
- Fenugreek seeds -1 tsp.
- Curry leaves-a handful
- Fry garlic till it gets light golden and soak it in ½ cup of lemon juice and set this aside.
- Heat 1 cup of oil in a kadai..Add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds, red chilies, asafoetida, curry leaves and fry well and take it off the heat.
- To the above hot oil add red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt, ½ cup lemon juice and mix well.
- Now to this add fried garlic in lemon juice and mix well.
- Pour this into a glass container and store in a cool, dark and dry place for 3 days so that the mixture gets marinated well.
- After 3 days once again give a nice mix with clean and dry spoon and check for taste and now the pickle is ready to enjoy.
- To increase the self like store this in fridge; and always use dry and clean spoon.
Variations: Add vinegar instead of lemon juice. Add some fenugreek powder. Add some mustard powder. Add some tamarind paste. Add Dry red chili powder.