Fried Okra (तला हुआ भिन्डी) Okra or as we know Lady’s finger/ Bindi in Hindi. In which ever way this vegetable is cooked , it tastes yummy, Among all of them bhindi fry means very one love. This is a variation to Indian okra fry which can be enjoyed as a snack , its like a fritter. variety.
Regional Dish: American
Cuisine Style: Indian | Cooking Time 15 mins| Take it as such | Type Snack/Side dish | Shelf Life: 1 day| Quantity: 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving
Calories (175.2Kcals), Carbohydrates (14.52g), Protein (2.2g), Fat (12.5g).
- 1 pound fresh okra
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Wash and trim the okra and slice it into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep fryer or skillet.
- Mix the buttermilk and egg.
- Mix the flour and salt.
- Dip the okra pieces in the buttermilk and egg wash, then in the flour.
- Deep-fry the okra until it is golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Take out the okra from the oil with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels and serve immediately as such or with your favorite sauce.
Variations: Add red chili powder to the batter, Sprinkle Chat masala powder on the fried okra.