Eggless Tutti Frutti Cookies
Whenever we hear cookies, that too candid fruit variety first thing that hits the mind is holidays, Christmas. These cookies are mostly prepared during Christmas time in India. Or else we have to run to any bakery to enjoy this cookie or a biscuit. This cookie is filled with richness and softness of butter. This recipe is modified a bit by making it egg less. This is a snack that every kid would love to have with a glass of milk after coming from school.
Regional Dish: South India, American and European Countries
Cuisine Style: Indian| Cooking Time 120 mins| Take it as such | Type Sweet| Shelf Life: 1 week| Quantity: 20 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (55Kcals), Carbohydrates (9g), Protein (0.2 g), Fat (2g).
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 1 cup
- Unsalted Butter (at room temperature) – 6 tbsp.
- Powdered Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Tutti Frutti – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1 to 2 tbsp.
- In a mixing bowl take powdered sugar and butter. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Now to the creamed sugar and butter add all-purpose flour and tutti frutti and mix well.
- Add milk and knead to soft sticky dough.
- Shape it in to a log and freeze it for 40 minutes. (this is to make the dough stiff so that it will be easy to slice)
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F for 10mins.
- Now either slice the freeze cookie dough log or can roll it and cut it in to desired shapes.
- Place the cookies on the lined butter paper leaving space between each cookie. Bake it at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- Transfer carefully in a rack and cool it, before storing them in a airtight container.
- Check the cookies after 10mins as the cookies tend to easily burn.
- Make sure to switch off when the edges start browning. Cookies will be soft when taken out, but will become crispier once they cool down.
- Adjust accordingly the amount of milk that is add while mixing the dough.
- If you do not have tutti frutti substitute them with any dry fruit variety.