Eggless Chocolate Rolls are quick and delicious, these can become a sweet treat in any kids parties. This sweet is rich, creamy and has a punch of coconut, which gives a tropical paradise feeling when put in mouth.
Regional Dish: India
Cuisine Style: India| Cooking Time 2hrs | Take it as Such| Type Sweet| Shelf Life : 5 days when refrigerated| Quantity : 8 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (210Kcal), Carbohydrates (18g), Protein (2g), Fat (6g)
• 1/2 pack – Marie/tea biscuit
• 2 to 3 tbsp. – cocoa powder
• 1/2 cup – milk
• 1 cup – dry coconut powder
• 3/4 cup – powdered sugar
• 2 to 3 tbsp. – butter
• 1 tsp. – powdered cardamom
1. Powder the Marie/Tea biscuits in a blender; Add cocoa powder, milk and knead it to smooth pliable dough; the consistency should be like that of Chapathi dough. Keep aside.
2. Mix the coconut powder, sugar, cardamom powder and the melted butter in a mixing bowl; the mixture should be sticky and not too powdery. You can adjust the sweetness according to your taste.
3. However, you might want to make it a little more sweet than usual as the outer cocoa layer is bland.
4. Pull out a lemon sized ball from the cocoa-biscuit dough; with the help of a rolling pin, roll it into a thick chapati.
5. Spread the coconut-sugar mixture all over the chapati;
6. Roll the chapati to form a cylinder and keep aside.
7. Repeat the process for the remaining dough.
8. Refrigerate the rolls for about 2 hours; remove from fridge and cut them width wise.
9. Store in air tight containers in the refrigerator and serve cold.