Egg Onion Fry (अंडा प्याज भून, గుడ్డు ఉల్లిపాయ వేపుడు, முட்டை, வெங்காயம் ஊற்றி, ডিম পেঁয়া জভাজা) is simple ,yet loaded with richness of whole eggs which is when combined with onions and spices make its traditional and authentic that goes with rice or roti with lunch or dinner making it satisfying meal during any season.
Regional Dish: Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Kerala
Cuisine Style: Andhra Pradesh | Cooking Time 20 mins | take it with rice/ chapathi | Curry |Quantity 4 servings| Shelf Life: 1day
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving
Calories (150Kcal), Carbohydrates (10 g), Protein (6 g), Fat (12g).
- Hard Boiled eggs (peeled and slightly make insertions on four sides with a knife).
- Onion finely chopped 2 cups.
- Green chilies 3 nos. cut in to pieces
- Oil 2 tbsp.
- Curry leaves 10nos.
- For tampering (cumin seeds 1tsp. mustard seeds 1 tsp.)
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp.
- Red chili powder 1 ½ tsp.
- Salt 1 ½ tsp.
- Take a wide bottom pan and add 1tbsp. of oil, once hot add some ½ tsp of salt, ½ tsp. of chili powder and ¼ tsp. of turmeric powder and add the boiled eggs and toss in this oil mixture for 2 minutes so that the eggs get coated on all the sides and also the outer white looks a bit fried.
- Take off the eggs and now to this oil add rest of the oil.
- Followed by cumin and mustard seeds, when they pop add curry leaves, chopped onions and green chilies.
- Keep frying till the onions start to become brown, now it is time to add salt, chili and turmeric powder, adjust the taste.
- Now add the fried eggs to the onion curry and cook by covering with a lid on slow heat for 5 mins. and turn off the heat.
- Now hot and spicy egg onion fry is ready to be served with roti or rice.
Variations: Add cumin and coriander powder; add curry powder.