Egg Omelet ( గుడ్డు అట్టు, ஏகக் ஒமேலேட், अंडा आमलेट) Egg omelet is an absolute delight and a quick dish to prepare. Eggs are just one of those foods that can be prepared in numerous ways. Eggs are rich in protein and delicious to eat, no matter which way you make them.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamilnadu; Karnataka; Kerala; South India; North India; all over the world.
Cuisine Style : Andhra |Cooking Time 5 minutes| Take it any time | Type Snack| Shelf Life : 3 hours |Quantity : 3 Servings.
Appx .Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving ( 1nos)
Calories (93Kcal), Carbohydrates (10 g), Protein (6.4 g), Fat (7.3 g).
- Eggs 3
- Whole milk 2 Tbsp.
- Clarified butter or whole butter 2 Tbsp
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
1. Crack the eggs into a glass mixing bowl and beat them until they turn a pale yellow color.
2. Heat a heavy-bottomed nonstick sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add the butter and let it melt.
3. Add the milk to the eggs and season to taste with salt and white pepper. Then, whisk it, incorporate as much as possible so that the omelet gets fluffy.
4. When the butter in the pan is hot enough to make a drop of water hiss, pour in the eggs. Don’t stir! Let the eggs cook for up to a minute or until the bottom starts to set.
5. With spatula, gently push one edge of the egg into the center of the pan, while tilting the pan to allow the still liquid egg to flow in underneath. Repeat with the other edges, until there’s no liquid left.
6. Your eggs should now resemble a bright yellow pancake, which should easily slide around on the nonstick surface. If it sticks at all, loosen it with your spatula.
7. Now gently flip the omelet over, using your spatula to ease it over if necessary. Cook for another few seconds, or until there is no uncooked egg left.
9. With your spatula, lift one edge of the egg and fold it across and over, so that the edges line up. Cook for another minute or so, but don’t overcook or allow the egg to turn brown. If necessary, you can flip the entire omelet over to cook the top for 30 seconds or so. Just don’t let it get brown.
10. Gently transfer the finished omelet to a plate. Garnish with chopped fresh herbs if desired
Other variants / Cuisine Style : Spicy Egg omelet (with onion; chillies; pepper; ginger garlic paste) u can throw in veggies to make veggi omelet, cheese to make cheese omelet , Vermicelli omelet , Chicken omelet, paneer omelet sky is once limit.