Egg Masala ( గుడ్డు మసాల, ஏகக் மசாலா, अंडा मसाला ) Egg masala is an absolute delight and a quick dish to prepare. You can boil eggs while you are preparing the masala.
Regional Dish: Andhra; Tamilnadu; South India and North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 30 minutes | Take with rice or chapati | Type Curry | Shelf Life : 1 day | quantity 2 servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving :
Calories (216.0 Kcal), Carbohydrates (6.6 g), Protein (13.4 g), Fat (15.2 g).
- Eggs 2
- Onions 2
- Tomatoes 2
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
- Coriander powder 2 tsp
- Jeera powder 1 tsp
- Chili powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1/4 sp
- oil 2 tsp
- Curry leaves and coriander leaves
- Salt to taste.
1. Boil the eggs and take off the shell.
2. Cut onions and tomatoes to fine pieces.
3. Heat oil in the pan.
4. Add mustard seeds to sizzle.
5. Sauté onions till its light brown.
6. Add ginger garlic paste and sauté for 3 – 5 mins.
7. Add tomatoes and sauté till it turns into a gravy.
8. Add the masala powders except garam masala.
9. Cook for 8 – 10 mins.
10. Cut the boiled eggs into two and add in the gravy.
11. Cook for a minute.
12. Add salt, garam masala and curry leaves and coriander leaves and cook for a minute.
13. Serve hot with Rice/ Chapathi/Dosa.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : Egg Masala (adding coconut paste).