Egg Korma (अंडा कोरमा, గుడ్డు కుర్మా, ডিমের কোরমা) This is a gravy recipe made with hard boiled eggs. The korma is rich which can be enjoyed with naan or rice. This gravy curry is prepared my all the Indian’s with some variations that suite to their taste. As egg is a good, cheap and wholesome source of protein that can be enjoyed without any regrets by any one. This curry can be made mild to spice .
Regional Dish: India
Cuisine Style: Delhi | Cooking Time 30 mins | Take it with roti/ rice | Type Curry| Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 5 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (170Kcal), Carbohydrates (12g), Protein (6g), Fat (9g).
- 5 hard boiled eggs (make some insertion’s on 4 sides of the egg or half them)
- 5-8 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1 red onion ( grind to paste)
- 1 tomato (cubed)
- 1 tsp. ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp. garlic paste
- 2 tbsp. ground almonds
- 1 cup warm water
- 1-2 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 8 whole black pepper
- 2 cloves
- 1 tbsp. coriander seeds
- 1 tsp. red chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- Salt as needed
- Lightly dry roast fennel seeds, cumin, pepper, cloves, coriander seeds and once cooled make powder of them and keep a side.
- In a wok, heat the oil, add curry leaves and mustard seeds, once they splutter add
- Onion paste and fry till it turns to pink in color.
- Now add the ginger, garlic paste, almond powder..
- Next add the spice powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and tomatoes. Cook till the tomatoes have formed a paste.
- Add 1 cup of water and allow the mixture to boil. Reduce the heat and arrange the eggs in it. Shake the wok to coat the eggs (try not to use a spoon as it might break the eggs). Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with naan or chapati. Or with steamed rice.
Variations: Add cardamom powder. Add fried onions. Add beaten curds. Add venigar. Add poppy paste. Add coconut paste. Add all spice.