Egg Fry (గుడ్డు వేపుడు , ஏகக் பரி , अंडा तलना) is a very popular recipe. A fried egg is a food made from an egg fried whole with minimal accompaniment.
Regional Dish : Kerala; Andhra Pradesh; Tamilnadu; almost South India, Some places in North India.
Cuisine Style : Kerala| Cooking Time 30 minutes | Take it as side dish | Type fry | Shelf Life : 1 day | Quantity : 3 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : Calories (92 Kcal), Carbohydrates (0 g), Protein (6 g), Fat (7 g).
- Egg 2 nos
- Chilly powder 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1 pinch
- Pepper powder 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves 1 stem
- Salt as reqd
- Water 3 tbsp
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Spring oinons for garnish (optional)
1. Boil the eggs and then cut into 2 halves.
2. Make a paste of Chilly powder, Coriander powder, Turmeric powder, pepper powder, salt by using water.
3. Add curry leaves into the paste.
4. Apply a thin layer of paste over the yolk part of the egg.
5. Fry it in vegetable oil. and garnish with some spring oinons ( optional)
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Egg chilli fry, 2. Egg fry with ginger garlic paste.3. Egg fry with onion.