Egg Curry (కోడి గుడ్డు పులుసు , முட்டை கறி, अंडा करी) is a typical Andhra dish where boiled eggs are cooked in onions and tamarind gravy and tempered with mustard seeds, cumin seeds, garlic and curry leaves. It’s generally served with hot rice.
Regional Dish: Andhra Prdesh; Tamilnadu; South India .
Cuisine Style: Andhra Pradesh| Cooking Time 20min|Take with rice or roti | Type curry | Shelf Life 1 day.
Appx. Nutritional Values: Calories (212 kcal), Carbohydrate (12.77g), Protein( 7.4g), Fat (14.37g).
Ingredients to serve:
- 6 boiled eggs make slits along the length of each egg
- Finely chopped 2 onions
- Slit length wise 3 to 4 green chilies
- Red chilli powder 1 tbsp
- Turmeric pwd 1 tsp
- Lemon sized tamarind 1 big
- Sugar or jaggery 1/2 tsp
- Water 2 cups
- Oil 3 tbsp
1. Heat oil in a wide heavy bottom pan. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter, add cumin seeds, curry leaves and fry for few seconds. Add garlic and let it fry for till nice aroma comes out from sauted garlic.
3. Add chopped onions and green chilies and fry till the onions turn light brown. ( add ½ tsp of salt for fast cooking of onions)
4. Add chili powder, turmeric powder, mix well and sauté for few seconds.
5. Add tamarind extract, water and bring it to a boil. Add salt and sugar and reduce heat and let it simmer for 2-3 mts. Add the boiled eggs and let it cook in the gravy for 10-15 minutes or till you get the required gravy consistency.
6. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve this hot steamed rice.
Other variants / Cuisine Style: 1.Egg curry with tamato.