Dry Fruit Chikki (വരണ്ട പഴം ചിക്കി, డ్రై ఫ్రూట్ చిక్కి, सूखे फल चिक्की, ಡ್ರೀ ಫ್ರುಇತ್ ಚಿಕ್ಕಿ) Dry Fruit chikki is a very popular recipe. Indian dry fruit chikki is made by cooking dryfruits with grated jaggery. Spread a little clarified butter in a tray and pour the dry fruit mixture over it and spread evenly.
Regional Dish : Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh,Tamil Nadu; Madhya Pradesh; Maharashtra; North India and South India.
Cuisine Style : Kerala | Cooking Time 25 minutes | Take it as snack | Type Sweet | Shelf Life : 6 days if refrigirated.
Appx. Nutritional values : Calories (125 K cal), Carbohydrates (9 g), Protein (9 g), Fat (6 g).
Ingredients to serve :
- Cashewnuts 50 gms
- Dried apricots 50 gms
- Pistachios 50 gms
- Almonds 50 gms
- Raisins 50 gms
- Groundnuts 50 gms
- Charoli 50 gms
- Walnuts 50 gms
- Sugar 300 gms
- Coconut grated 1
- Rose essence 1/2 tsp
- Chop all dry fruits finely.
- Put 2 cups water in sugar and prepare a thick syrup.
- Put in the nuts and essence and cook till thick.
- Put on a greased board and roll out immediately as thinly as possible.
- Make into squares and when cold break into pieces.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Dry Fruit Cake 2. Dry Fruit Cutlet.