Double Ka Meeta (డబల్ కా మీట,ഡബിള് ക മീറ, डबल का मीट) This Indian Bread pudding is a specialty of Hyderabad . It is an immensely rich dessert and worthy for special occasions, it is the most popular sweet item in every nizam’s dawat
Regional Dish : Andhra; Karnataka; Kerala; South and North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 40 minutes | Take it as Snack | Type Sweet | Shelf Life : 2 days if refrigerated.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving ( 1cup) : Calories (317 Kcal), Carbohydrates (20 g), Protein (4 g), Fat (20 g).
Ingredients to serve :
- White bread slices 6-7
- Sugar 3/4 cup
- Cup water 1 1/4
- Milk 3 cups
- Evaporated milk 1 cup
- Cardamom powder 1 tsp
- Few strands of safron
- Mixed nuts 1/2 cup ( pistas ,cashews , almonds and chiroli (sara paruppu) seeds , resins)
- Ghee for frying
- Cut the bread into quarters.
- In a skillet add ghee and then toast these Slices on both the sides.
- Prepare the sugar syrup by adding the sugar and water in a skillet until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and add the cardamom powder.
- Warm the milk and evaporated milk together and add saffron strands to it.
- Arrange the fried bread slices in a deep pan, and pour the sugar syrup over it.
- Now pour the milk mixture over it.
- Garnish it with toasted nuts and saffron strands.
- It can be served either warm or cold.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Meeta Tookra , shahi tukada , can also add kohya to make it even more rich.