Dosakaya Tomato Curry (దోసకాయ టమోటా కూర, ದೊಸಕಯ ತಮತೋ ಕೂರ, வெள்ளரிக்காய் தக்காளி கூர, ककड़ी टमाटर कूरा) also called Cucumber Tomato Curry. The vegetable itself has a sour and sweet taste. What ever way we cook, this vegetable melts in your first bite, leaving you a nice relaxed feeling.
Regional Dish :Andhra Pradesh; Karnataka; Tamilnadu; South India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra Pradesh | Cooking Time 30 minutes | Take with rice or chapati | Type curry | Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity 4 servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (137 Kcal), Carbohydrates (16.9 g) Protein (0.3g), Fat (9 g).
- Cucumbers peeled and diced 2 ( first check for any bitterness , if so discard that )
- Medium Tomatoes diced 2
- Medium Onion diced 1
- Green chilies slit length wise 2
- Red chilly Powder 1 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Oil 3-4 spoons
- Dry red chili 2
- Each of Mustard seeds, Cumin, Urad dal 1 tsp,
- Turmeric 1 pinch
- Curry leaves .
- Heat oil in a sauce pan and add mustard seeds, once they splutter add cumin, red chili, urad dal, turmeric and curry leaves.
- Once all of the above tempering is golden brown, add onions and green chilies. Tip- add little salt to onions to cook it fast.
- When the onions are transparent, add chopped tomatoes and fry them till they are soft and mushy.
- When tomatoes are soft, add chopped cucumber and sauté it for a min. Add chili powder and salt according to taste.
- Sauté till cucumber releases it’s own juice. Now cover the lid and let it cook on medium heat till cucumber is done. ( add little water if required)
- Enjoy the curry with steamed white rice or roti.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : Dosakaya Tamato curry with ginger garlic paste and coriander powder.