Dosakaya Pachadi (దోసకాయ పచ్చడి, வேலரிகாய் பச்சடி, ककड़ी की चटनी) It is a traditional Andhra Pachadi. This pachadi has to be thick. So to blend in all the ingredients well by adding only tamarind.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamil Nadu; Karnataka; Kerala; South India and North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Take with hot rice | Type Pickle | Shelf Life : 5 days if refrigerated | Quantity : 10 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values :calculated for 1 serving (1 table spoon)
Calories ( 25K cals), Carbohydrates (6.2g), Protein(.23g), Fat (0.2g)
Ingredients to serve :
- Dosakaya (kheera yellow color) 2 (medium size)
- Ground Nuts 200 gms (approx)
- Tamarind (as per taste)
- Green chillies (as per taste)
- Salt as per taste
- Coriander leaves 2 tea spoons
- Red Chillies 2 ( broken in to pieces)
- Mustard seeds 2 tea spoons
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tea spoon
- Garlic 4-5 pieces
- Asafotieda one pinch
- Bengal gram 2 teaspoons
- Curry leaves
- Peel the kheera and cut into small pieces, and keep it aside.
- Take a pan heat the oil fry the ground nuts.
- Keep the fried ground nuts aside and now fry the cut green chillies, and keep it aside.
- Let it cool. now grind green chillies, ground nuts and tamarind and make a fine paste and add it to the kheera pieces, and mix it well, keep it aside.
- Now take red chillies, mustard seeds, jeera, garlic pods, bengal gram, curry leaves and asafotieda and temper them and add the kheera mixture to it.
- Keep it for 2-3 minutes. garnish with coriander.
- Serve it hot with rice.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Dosakaya Mukkala Pachadi 2. Dosakaya Tamato Pachadi (add tamato).3 Dosakaya vankaya pachidi. 4.Dosa avakaya.5. Dosakaya pachidi with out peanuts