Dosakaya Chintakaya Pachadi (దోసకాయ చింతకాయ పచ్చడి, ककड़ी इमली की चटनी) it is a traditional Andhra Pachadi. Basically it is Andhra delicacy. In villages this is prepared on festivals.
Regional Dish: Andhra Pradesh
Cuisine Style: Andhra | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Take with hot rice | Type Pickle | Shelf Life: 5 days if refrigerated | Quantity: 5 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values: calculated for 1 serving (2 table spoon)
Calories (30K cals), Carbohydrates (6.2g), Protein(.23g), Fat (0.2g)
- Dosakaya (kheera yellow color Indian) 1 (medium size)
- Green or raw tamarind paste 2 tbsp.
- Green chilies 4 (as per taste)
- Salt as per taste
- Coriander finely chopped 1 tbsp.
- Red Chillies 1 ( broken in to pieces)
- Mustard seeds ½ tsp.
- Garlic 2 pieces ( optional)
- Asafotieda one pinch
- Bengal gram 2 tsp
- Curry leaves 10
- Oil 2 tsp.
- Peel the kheera and check the taste, if bitter do not use.
- Cut into small pieces, and keep it aside.
- Fry the cut green chilies in 1tsp oil, and cool it.
- Once cool grind the chilies with tamarind to make a fine paste.
- Scoop this out in to a serving bowl and add the dosakaya pieces and salt.
- Now season 1 tsp of oil in pan , add all the tempering list of ingredients once they pop add them to the prepared dosakaya and tamarind mixture, chopped coriander pieces and give a nice mix and enjoy with hot steamed rice with a dollop of ghee.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Dosakaya Mukkala Pachadi 2. Dosakaya Tamato Pachadi (add tamato).3 Dosakaya vankaya pachidi. 4.Dosa avakaya.5. Dosakaya pachidi with out peanuts.