Dondakaya Pachadi (దొండకాయ పచ్హడి, ದೊಂದಕಯ ಪಾಚಡಿ , कुन्द्रू चट्नी) is a famous dish in andhra pradesh . Mostly served with rice, dal and ghee.
Regional Dish : Andhra Pradesh; South Indian.
Cuisine Style : Andhra Pradesh| Cooking Time 20 min |Take with Rice | Type pickle | Shelf Life : 2 days | Quantity : 3 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values:calculated for 1 serving ( 1Tbsp)
calories (16 Kcals), Carbohydrates (2.1g), Protein(g), Fat (g)
- Dondakaya/Ivy gourd 150gms
- Coriander seeds 1tsp
- Channa dal/bengal dal 1tsp
- Urad dal /washed blackgram dal 1tsp
- Cumin seeds 1/2tsp
- Fenugreek seeds 1/2tsp
- Tamarind a small piece
- Red chillies 3no.
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1tsp
- Fresh minced garlic 2 nos ( optional)
- First clean and chop dondakaya into small pieces and keep aside.
- Heat a pan with oil,fry all the seeds, dals, redchillies and tamarind.Keep aside.
- In the same pan fry dondakaya and keep aside to cool down .
- Once they all are cooled,grind into coarse paste by adding salt and gralic.
- Then transfer into a serving bowl and enjoy tasty -tasty Dondakaya Pachadi with rice by adding ghee over it.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Other variants / Cuisine Style: 1.Simple dondakaya pachadi