Dondakaya kura (कुन्द्रू की सब्जी, దొండకాయ కూర)
Regional Dish: Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala, Bengal, Maharashtra, Orissa
Cuisine Style: Andhra Pradesh| Cooking Time 30 mins | Take it with Rice/chapathi | Type Sweet | Shelf Life: 1day |Quantity: 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving
Calories (40 Kcals), Carbohydrates (18 g), Protein (0.5), Fat (0.8g).
- Tindora 2 cups (dondakaya)
- Onion 1
- Fresh Green Chiles 2
- Ginger 1/2 inch piece
- Garlic 2 pods
- Turmeric Powder a pinch
- Chili powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Urad Dal 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds 1 tsp
- Oil 1 tbsp.
- Wash, remove ends and chop tindora in to circular pieces.
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Remove stems, wash and slit green chiles.
- Peel and mince the ginger.
- Peel and roughly chop garlic.
- Heat oil in a pan; add all talimpu ingredients in order.
- When dal changes color, add onion, minced ginger, garlic, turmeric, chili powder and salt.
- After a minute, stir in tindora and cook covered until tindora is soft.
- Uncover and stir fry until any moisture is evaporated.
- Serve with steamed rice or roti.
Variations: Cut tindora in to small pieces or in to rings. Add sesame seed powder, Add poppy seed powder, Add coconut powder. Add tomato. Tangy tindora curry with tamarind, spicy masala gravy curry.