Dibba Rotti (దిబ్బ రొట్టి , डिब्बा रोटी) Dibba rotti or minnapa rotti is a typical Andhra breakfast item . It is a combination of idli and dosa which are usually prepared in a thick heavy bottomed deep vessel like Iron vessels or skillets which gives a nice thick and evenly red crust . It has a soft porous idli kind of interior and crispy and crusty outer layer.
Regional Dish: Andhra Pradesh
Cuisine Style: Andhra | Cooking Time 20 mins | Take it as such/ chutney/ pickle/sambar| Type Breakfast/snack | Shelf Life : 1 days
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving ( 1 piece)
Calories (254.1Kcal), Carbohydrates (32 g), Protein (4.1 g), Fat (5.3g).
- Urad Dal : 1 cup
- Raw Rice : 2 cups
- Cumin seeds : 2 tbs
- Salt : as per taste
- Oil : for frying
- Soak urad dal and rice separately for 6 hrs or over night
- Grind urad dal in to smooth batter separately
- Grind soaked rice separately in to coarse batter
- Now blend them together with salt and cumin
- Heat a thin pan or skillet , put good amount of oil at the bottom and pour a good spoonful of the above batter and cook with a closed lid on medium heat for 5 mins without disturbing and add some more oil for the crunchy crust.
- Now flip it to other side with out breaking and again add good amount of oil and fry to golden brown on this side too.
- Serve hot with any chutney
- Note : It should be prepared with fresh batter for crispy texture ., Split black gram dal or split with husk urad dal gives the best rotti
Variations : minnapa rotti ,with idli rava , with idli rice