Dates and Dry Fruits Laddu (खजूर के लड्डू) is considered to be the superlative of essential nutrients and are very beneficial for health. It is a Indian version to power protein bar that is packed with goodness and wholeness of dry fruits and nuts.
Regional Dish: North India, Maharashtra
Cuisine Style: Delhi | Cooking Time 15 mins | Take it as such| Type Sweet| Shelf Life : 6 day| Quantity : 10 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (245Kcal), Carbohydrates (25g), Protein (3.5g), Fat (14g)
- 1 /2 cup dates pitted and chopped ( soft type)
- 1/2 cup dry apricots chopped
- 1/2 cup dry figs chopped
- 1/2 cup dry roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup dry roasted cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dry roasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup dry coconut powder
- 1/4 dry roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup dry roasted phool makhana ( Puffed lotus flower seeds)
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- 1 tsp. cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup dried coconut powder
- 1/4 cup dry roasted poppy seeds to roll laddus
- Once all the ingredients are dry roasted, allow them to cool.
- Later coarsely grind ( almonds, cashew nuts, sesame seeds, makhana, coconut, sunflower seeds) and put it in a wide plate.
- Now take the chopped dates, figs, apricots and raisins and grind to a fine paste and add this to the above prepared nut powder.
- Add honey and cardamom powder and mix all the mixture to form a sticky yet coarse crumble that when pressed should form a ladoo.
- If it is not forming ladoo we can add some more honey or grind more dates and mix it.
- Finally our ladoo’s are formed which are rolled in poppy seeds and ready to be served.
Variations: Use Walnuts, Pistachios, Sugar, jiggery, flax seed powder, agave nectar, edible gum, oats, pecans, cranberries, dry prunes.