Date Cake with fruit Compote(खजूर का केक) is a egg less Indian version of cake that is dense and loaded with flavors. It can be enjoyed as it is or can also be served with fruit compote.
Regional Dish: India
Cuisine Style: Indian | Cooking Time 50 minutes | Take it as such | Type Sweet| Shelf Life: 1 week | Servings 15
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (260Kcal), Carbohydrates (38 g), Protein (2 g), Fat (8 g).
- 2 cups Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Maida / all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 8 Dates
- 2 Apricots dry cut in to pieces
- 2 tsp. Cashew nuts (Broken)
- 1 tbsp. Melon Seeds1tsp.
- Sesame seeds ( optional)
- 1 tsp. Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Ghee
- 2 tsp. Cocoa Powder
- 1 Apple
- 1 mango
- 1 tsp. Honey
- 1 Kiwi Fruit
- 1 tsp .Cream
- Sieve wheat flour, baking powder and cocoa powder together.
- De-seed the dates and chop fine. Mix dates and sugar in a mixer.
- Add refined oil. Mix it with the wheat flour mix. Add apricots and cashew nuts. Add lemon Juice.
- Grease the cake pan. Put the mix in the pan, and then add the melon and sesame seeds.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 30 minutes. Check with a skewer and remove when done.For Fruit Sauce:
- Chop the mango and apple finely and sauté in ghee.
- Add cinnamon powder and honey. Remove from heat.
- Mix in sliced kiwi fruit, cream and sugar. Serve cooked fruit along with the cake.