Dahi Ke Kabab (दही के कबाब) are extremely delicious as they melt in mouth. Dahi kabab is a special recipe belonging to awadh. Savoring taste of hung curd having light spices and served with green coriander or mint chutney, you will surely like it. It is full of Awadhi taste but also full of Awadhi softness too. So while cooking dahi kabab handle them with care.
Regional Dish: Uttar Pradesh
Cuisine Style: Lucknowi| Preparation Time: 90 mins | Take it as such | Type : Snack| Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 4 servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving : (2 nos)
Calories (120 Kcal), Carbohydrates (8.4g), Protein (3 g), Fat (5 g).
- 1litres plain yoghurt/ dahi
- 100 gms cottage cheese/paneer grated
- 40 gms chopped onion
- 30 gms chopped ginger
- 10 gms chopped fresh coriander (dhania)
- 2 Tbsp. corn flour
- 2 Tbsp. roasted gram flour
- 30 gms cashewnut powder
- 30 gms chopped raisins
- 1 Tbsp white pepper powder or green chilli paste
- salt to taste
- oil to grill
- Take the curd/ dahi/yogurt in a clean muslin cloth. Hang it for 1 hour to drain water for curds.
- Saute the onion and ginger in minimum oil till it sweats.
- Mix the other ingredients.
- Adjust seasoning and shape into cutlets/ tikkis.
- Grill them on a medium hot skillet on both sides using oil.
- Serve with any chutney of choice, onion rings and lemon wedges
Variations: Cinnamon powder, clove powder, red chili powder.
No comments yet.