Creamy carrot soup with coconut (नारियल के साथ मख़मली गाजर सूप) This creamy carrot soup recipe uses coconut milk instead of dairy or soy milk for a creamy soy-free tropically flavored soup. This carrot soup recipe is so good. Serve hot for a meal, or, chill and serve as a simple yet elegant appetizer soup that can be enjoyed by everybody in the family.
Regional Dish: North Indian
Cuisine Style : Delhi | Cooking Time 20 mins | Take it as such/ roti/Naan | Type Soup | Shelf Life : 1 day |Quantity : 6 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving ( 1 cup )
Calories (156 Kcal), Carbohydrates (48.0 g), Protein (2.7g), Fat (17.8 g).
- 2-3 large carrots, chopped small
- 1 onion, chopped small
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 14 ounce can coconut milk
- Salt, to taste
- Simmer the carrots, onions, ginger and curry powder in vegetable broth for 20-25 minutes, until carrots are soft.
- Allow to cool slightly, and then puree in blender, working in batches if needed.
- Return to heat and stir in coconut milk until well combined.
- Season generously with salt, to taste.
- Serve hot, or, chill until cold and serve as a gourmet vegetarian appetizer soup.
- Note: This carrot soup will thicken as it cools, so if serving this carrot soup cold, you may want to add a bit extra liquid.
Variations: Add Almond Milk , Add Whole milk , Add Heavy cream