Coconut Laddu (కొబ్బరి లడ్డు, கோகோனுட் லட்டு, नारिअल का लड्डू)is a very delicious and easy recipe. It is most popular in the South India.
Regional Dish: Kerala; Andhra Pradesh; Tamil Nadu.
Cuisine Style: Andhra Pradesh | Preparation Time 20minutes | Cooking Time 10 minutes | Type sweet | Take as a snack | Shelf Life: 5 days
Appx. Nutritional values : calcualted for 1 serving ( 1laddu)
Calories (223.7 K cal), Carbohydrates (18.1 g), Protein (3.2 g), Fat (16 g).
Ingredients to serve: ( First variety )
- Coconut Powder ( desiccated, unsweetened ) 3 cups
- Milk 1 cup
- Sugar 2 cups
- 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup coconut powder
1. Boil the milk in a pan.
2. When it starts boiling, add 2 cups shredded coconut and mix well.
3. When the milk gets absorbed in coconut, add the sugar and cardamom powder.
4. Stir continuously on medium flame until the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan.
5. Remove and make small balls.
6. Take the remaining coconut on a plate.
7. Roll the balls in shredded coconut to make laddus.
8. Coconut Laddoos are ready to serve
Ingredients to serve : ( Second variety)
- Coconut powder 2 cups ( desiccated , unsweetened)
- Milkmaid 2 cups ( sweetened , condensed milk)
- Cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
- Coconut powder 1/2 cup to roll the prepared ladoo’s , for decoration.
- Mix coconut powder, milkmaid and cook on meaduim heat by constantly stirring.
- Once the mixture comes near like a soild add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Allow the mixture to cool down , shape in to round balls of same size and roll in coconut powder.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : Coconut Laddu with rava , adding nuts , Adding milk powder, Adding fresh coconut.