Coconut Burfi (కొబ్బరి బర్ఫీ, தேங்காய் பர்பி, नारियल का बर्फी) Coconut Burfi is a popular Indian sweet made of pure fresh coconut. Coconut is rich in fat and cholesterol. It is easy to make and less expensive as it does not require much of ghee.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamil Nadu; Karnataka; Kerala; South India and North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 40 minutes | Take it as snack | Type sweet | Shelf Life : 5 days if refrigerated.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving : Calories (249 K cal), Carbohydrates (21 g), Protein (4 g), Fat (10 g).
Ingredients to serve :
- Grated Coconut 2 cups
- Sugar 2 cups
- Ghee 2 Tbsp
- Cashewnuts 10 nos
- Cardamom powder 1 tsp
- Water 1 cup
- First add sugar to 1 cup of water and heat in a frying pan for 15 minutes.
- Then add the grated coconut to the boiling sugar syrup and boil for 20 minutes.
- Keep on mixing well.
- Add cardamom powder and ghee fried cashew nuts to the above prepared mixture, once the ghee starts leaving edges.
- Pour the prepared mixture into a flat greased plate and spread evenly with a spoon.
- Allow it cool down and make slices of any shape or put in to moulds and decorate with cashew nut pieces.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : Kerala Cuisine (Rava Coconut Burfi), Coconut Burfi (Prepared with milk),Coconut burfi with jaggery, Chocolate coconut burfi, Rose coconut burfi