Cluster Beans peas Curry ( గోరుచిక్కుడు పప్పు కూర, கொத்தவரை பருப்பு சுற்றி, गवार फली दाल कड़ी) it is very famous recipe in east godavari dist in Andhra pradesh. It is very famous in hotels.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamilnadu; South India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Take with rice | Type curry | Shelf Life : 1 day.
Appx. Nutritional values : Calories (70 Kcal), Carbohydrates (7 g), Protein (3 g), Fat (5 g).
- Cluster Beans 1/2 kg
- Pigeon Peas 100 gm
- Black Gram 3 tsp
- Mustard Seeds 2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds 2 tsp
- Salt to Taste
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder 2 tsp
- Curry Leaves Few
- Oil 5 tbsp
- Wash the cluster beans and break the tip of the bean with your finger.
- Remove the fiber from the beans as much as possible and break the cluster beans into medium sized pieces and remove the fiber.
- Take the bean pieces into a microwave safe bowl and add 40ml water.
- Cook the beans on high power for 5 minutes, stirring once and cover cooked for 7 minutes on high power.
- Set aside for about 3 minutes before removing the bowl from oven.
- Take pigeon peas into a bowl and wash it well.
- Then add some water and cook till the pigeon peas are just done.
- When the dal is cooked to required level drain all the excess water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan until hot and fry the black gram till the seeds start changing color.
- Splutter mustard seeds, followed by cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Mix well, before adding the the cooked cluster beans and cooked dal.
- Mix all well and add turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt.
- Cook, keeping it covered for a few minutes stirring in between if required.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Cluster beans with moong dal curry.
Which dal is used to cook tI’ll done in cluster beans and peas curry.