Citrus Tea is a ice tea that is enjoyed during summer afternoons. This tea is very refreshing and also packed with vitamin C. It helps in maintaining our body fluids.
Regional Dish: India
Cuisine Style: India | Preparation Time: 15 mins | Take it as such | Type : Soft drink| Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 8 servings.
Appx. Nutritional values: Calories (80 Kcal), Carbohydrates (2g), Protein (0 g), Fat (0 g).
· Orange 1 sliced thinly
· Lemon 1 sliced thinly
· Strawberries 10, chopped
· Lemon juice 2 tbs.
· Pine apple juice as needed
· Orange juice as needed
· Tea bags 2 nos.
· Sugar 4 tbsp. or can use splenda or honey
· Ice cubes as needed
· Water 2 cups.
1. Boil 2 cups of water and to this add tea bags and sugar and mix for 5 minutes.
2. Transfer the tea decoction in to a big bowl, discard the tea bags.
3. Once the decoction reaches to room temperature add lemon juice, lemon slices, orange slices and chopped strawberries.
4. Take tall glasses for serving, pour the mixture with fruits till half and fill the rest with orange and pineapple juice and top with some ice and serve immediately.
Variations: Spice it up with some cloves and cinnamon. Crushed mint leaves too can be added.