Chole Bhature (ਚੋਲੇ ਭਟੂਰੇ, சோலே பாடுறே, छोले भटूरे) Chole bhature is an Indian dish which can be eaten as a snack or even as a meal. It consists of garbonzos or chole and Indian fried bread called bhature. It is delicious and a complete meal in itself. It is very famous in Punjab, now its famous all over India.
Regional Dish: Punjabi, North India ;some places of South India.
Cuisine Style: Punjabi | Preparation Time : 15 minutes | Cooking Time: 20 minutes | Type Snack or breakfast | Shelf Life: 1 day| Quantity : 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional Values: calculated for 1 serving ( 1 bathura and 1 cup of chole)
Calories (522 kcal), Carbohydrates (72.2g), Protein (15.0g) Fat (19.9g).
- All purpose flour (maida) 2 cups
- Yeast 1 pouch
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Vegetable oil 2 tbsp
- Garbanzo beans 1 small can
- Ginger paste ½ tsp
- Garlic powder ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves 2 tbsp
- Mint leaves 6 to 7
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Chilli powder ½ tsp
- Bay leaves 2 to 3
- Cloves 2 to 3
- Garam masala ½ tsp
- Finely chopped onion 1 medium sized
- Big tomato 1
- Water 1½ cup
- Salt to taste
1. Take yeast and soak in lukewarm water for 5-10 minutes.
2. Take all the other ingredients and mix well.
3. To this, add the yeast and make a soft dough, like one would make for chappatis.
4. If need be, add a little water and keep aside for 4-5 hours. The longer kept, the better it is.
5. Roll like pooris but slightly thicker than regular pooris.
6. Fry like pooris till both sides are golden brown.
1. Take 2 tbsp of oil in a pressure cooker and heat it.
2. Add garlic powder and make it dark brown.
3. Then add cumin seeds and fry till they start spluttering.
4. Now add bay leaves, cloves, and diced onions. Fry then till they are light brown.
5. Now add the rest of the ingredients including water except the coriander and mint leaves.
6. Pressure cook for 3 whistles , once opened add the mint and coriander leaves.
7. Also, garnish with thinly sliced long pieces of onion and a lemon split into 4 pieces.
Other variants / Cuisine Style: 1. Chole Bhature with potato.