Chintha chiguru pappu (చింత చిగురు పప్పు, சிந்த சிகுறு பப்பு, ईमील की दाल ) is seasonal dish and gives a different taste as it comes druing the summer time , it is prepared as dal , with some veggies and some non veggies too, It has a not much but soft sour tastes of tender tarmind leaves , which as gives structure to dal. It is rich in vitamins and minerals .
Regional Dish : Andhra Pradesh; Tamilnadu; some places in South India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 30minutes | Take with Rice or dal | Type dal | Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 10 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving ( 1cup)
Calories (250 Kcals) , Carbohydrates (50 g) , Proteins(18g), Fat (10g)
- Grated chinta chiguru 1 cup
- Lentils 2 cups
- Green chilies 6(slit)
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder as per taste
- Oil 1 tsp
- Cummin seeds 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1tsp
- Garlic pods 6
- Red chilis 2 (Halved)
- A pinch of asefotida
- A pinch turmeric powder
- Coriander leaves and curry leaves
- Wash and pressure cook lentils with green chilis , once done set aside.
- Heat oil in pan put all the ingredients of seasoning and fry 2-3 mins.
- Then add chintha chiguru and fry 3 mins.
- Add the cooked lentils and turmeric powder , chilli powder and salt,allow it to Cook for 10 minutes on a low flame.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and curry leaves. and serve hot with rice and ghee or chapati.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : Chintha chiguru pappu with sesame seeds (chinta chiguru nuvvu pappu) 2. chinta chiguru pappu with moong dal.