Chintakaya Pachadi (చింతకాయ పచ్చడి, புலியாங்கை ஊறுகாய், हरी इमली का अचार) is too spicy, use it as a pickle for curd riceand mixed with dal and ghee. Pickles are great accompaniments to regular food.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamil Nadu; Karnataka; Kerala; South and some places in North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 30 minutes | Take with Curd rice | Type Pickle | Shelf Life : 7 days | Quantity : 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calories calculated for 1 serving ( 1tbsp)
Calories (35K cals), Carbohydrates (8g), Proteins (0g), Fat (0g)
Ingredients to serve :
- Chintakayalu 5
- Green chillis 2
- Chanadal 2 tbs
- Cumin seeds/Jeera 1 tbs
- Mustard seeds/Avalu 1 tbs
- Asofedita/Inguva 1 tbs
- Red chillis 4nos
- Curry leaves
- Oil 2tbs
- Grind chintakayalu and greenchillis well, add salt and keep aside.
- Take a bowl with oil, when heated fry seasoning ingrediants till brownish.
- Grind fried seasoning ingrediants well and mix chintakayalu and green chillis paste and again grind together.
- Last for more taste fry mustard seeds, hing and curry leaves in a oil and add this to pachadi.
- Now tasty chintakaya pachadi is ready.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : Kerala Cuisine 1. ( Chintakaya Pachadi with green tamarind and Coconut)
2. Chintakaya Perugu Pachadi 3. Chintakaya Thokku.
4.Chintakaya dosakaya pachidi.