Chikudukaya Tomato Kura (చిక్కుడికాయ టమోటా కూర, சிகுடுகைய தமொடோ குற ,सेम टमाटर कर्री) Chikkudu kaya happens to be a favorite vegetable in our household.
Regional Dish : Andhra Pradesh; Tamilnadu.
Cuisine Style :Andhra Pradesh| Cooking Time 20 minutes| Take with Rice| Type Curry| Shelf Life: 1 day.
Appx Nutritional values calculated for 1serving:
Calories (40 kcal), Carbohydrates (8.1g), Protein( 2.1g), Fat(0.1g).
- Chikkudukaya/sem/broadbeans destring tear each into two pieces par-boil in salted water and strain 1/2 kg
- Onions 2 finely chopped
- Green chilli 1 slit tomatoes 2 finely chopped
- Pinch of haldi turmeric red chilli pwd (adjust) 1 tsp
- Grated jaggery (adjust according to your choice) 1 tbsp pinch of garam masala pwd (optional)
- Grated coconut (optional) 1 1/2 tbsps salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish For tempering/tadka/poppu:
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- Red chillis 2 dry crushed garlic cloves (optional) 3-4
- Few curry leaves oil 1 tbsp
- Heat oil in a cooking vessel, once hot, add the mustard seeds and let them pop, add the garlic, cumin, red chillis and curry leaves, stir fry for a few seconds.
- Add the slit green chilli and onions and saute till soft. Add turmeric and tomatoes and saute further for a mt. Add chilli powder, mix, cover and cook on medium heat for 5-6 mts.
- Now add the par-boiled beans, jaggery and salt and cook for another 2-3 mts. Add a small cup of water and let it cook covered on medium heat for another 5-6 mts or till the beans are cooked and soft.
- Adjust salt, add garam masala pwd, mix and turn off heat. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with rice or chapatis.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Simple Chikudukaya tamoto kura.
No comments yet.