Chicken Shorba (चिकन शोरबा) This is a Indian clear chicken soup, that is enjoyed before grand Dinner’s or during cold winter nights or when you are suffering from severe cold, as it soothes and also clears the cold. This soup has the goodness of chicken, vegetables and whole spices.
Regional Dish: Uttar Pradesh
Cuisine Style: Uttar pradesh | Cooking Time 120 mins | Take it as such | Type Soup| Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (75Kcal), Carbohydrates (9g), Protein (4g), Fat (2g).
- Chicken whole ( 1 lb) cut in to pieces.
- White Pumpkin cubes1 cup
- Carrot cubes ½ cup
- Onion cubes ½ cup
- Ginger grated 2 tbsp.
- Butter 2 tbsp.
- All-purpose flour ( mida)2 tbsp.
- Whole cardamom 2 nos.
- Cinnamon sticks 2 nos.
- Big Cardamom 2 nos.
- Cloves 4 nos.
- Pepper corns 8 nos.
- Bay leaf 2 nos
- Fennel seeds 1 tsp.
- Coriander seeds 1 tsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Water as needed
- Take a big Stock pot and add 8 cups of water
- To the boiling water add, chicken pieces, pumpkin, onion, carrot, ginger, cardamom, cloves, pepper, bay leaf , coriander seeds, some salt and boil for at least 1 hour.
- Now take another pan add 2 tbsp. of butter when it melts add flour and keep mixing, the flour cooks to this add fennel seeds and give a nice mix and now add this mixture to the boiling chicken stock pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Take off the shorba from heat and strain the water to a serving soup bowl and top it with some shredded chicken pieces from the stock pot . Hot chicken shorba is ready to enjoy.