Chicken Seekh Kabab (चिकन सीख कबाब)
Kabab or kebab means using minced meat mixed with spices and herbs, than grilled on skewers. Traditionally these are cooked in tandoor or clay Owen and served with mint chutney. These kababs are prepared with lamb , chicken , beef minced , Even veggi seekh kababs are made now a days. These kakab’s are popular in middle east and were Muslim population is dominated regions of the world.
Regional Dish: Kashmir, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana
Cuisine Style: Delhi| Cooking Time 30 mins| Take it with rice/ roti/ snack| Type Snack| Shelf Life: 1day| Quantity: 3 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (180 Kcals), Carbohydrates (14g), Protein (12 g), Fat (8g).
- Chicken ( minced) 500 gms
- Ginger paste ½ tbsp.
- Garlic paste ½ tbsp.
- Green chili paste 1 tsp. or red chili powder
- Cashew nut paste 2 tbsp.
- Finely chopped onion ½ cup
- Coriander powder 1tsp.
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp.
- Pepper powder 1 tsp.
- Roasted Bengal gram powder ( dalia ) 2 tbsp.
- Fresh coriander leaves finely chopped 2 tbsp.
- Fresh mint leaves finely chopped 2 tbsp.
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp.
- Egg 1 no.
- Salt as per taste
- Butter 2 tbsp or oil.
- Satay sticks( bamboo sticks) or Skewers ( metal once)
- Take minced chicken in a big bowl and add all the ingredients expect butter and mix well. Taste the mixture, if anything is needed adjust accordingly.
- In the meantime heat a tawa / griddle and drizzle some oil / butter on it.
- Now wet your hands with water, take hand full of above mixed chicken mixture and spread it around a satay stick and press firmly.
- Now place these seekh kababs on the heated tawa/ griddle and cook by turning from time to time so that they get cooked evenly on all the sides.
- Baste with butter or oil at regular intervals. Serve hot with mint chutney, onion rings and lemon wedges.
- Note: If satay sticks are used then soak them in water of 30 minutes before using them, by this we can prevent the sticks getting brunt.
Variations: Add moist bread slice. Add bread crumbs. Add boiled potato. Add red chili powder. Add grated cheese. Add chaat masala powder. Add some extra chicken fat. Add some yogurt.