Chicken Pakoda (चिकन पकोड़ा, చికెన్ పకోడా, চিকেন পাকদা) These are the Desi version of chicken nuggets. It is a all-time favorite in any Indian non vegetarian homes when comes to snacking for any age group. These pakodas are prepared with little variations, but the end product is always your hand goes for one more helping. Boneless chicken is coated with various Indian spices and coated with gram flour and some corn flour for that added crunch and deep fried.
Regional Dish: India
Cuisine Style: Andhra Pradesh| Cooking Time 30 mins| Take it with some sauce| Type Snack| Shelf Life: 2 days| Quantity: 2 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (220 Kcals), Carbohydrates (19g), Protein (12 g), Fat (15g).
- Boneless chicken ( thigh or breast) 1 cup
- Gram flour 4 tbsp.
- Corn flour 2 tbsp.
- Egg 1
- Curry leaves chopped 1 tbsp.
- Salt as for taste
- Chili powder 1 tsp. or as for spice
- Turmeric powder ¼ tsp.
- Coriander powder 1tsp.
- Cumin powder 1tsp.
- Garam masala powder ½ tsp.
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp.
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp.
- Oil for frying
- Cut chicken in to bite size pieces and put it in to a bowl.
- To the above chicken pieces add salt, turmeric, chili, coriander, cumin, garam masala powders, lemon juice and ginger garlic paste and mix well and leave it for 15 mins.
- After 15 minutes add gram flour, corn flour , egg and curry leaves and mix well, check for the consistency if its runny add some gram flour.
- Put a pan full of oil on medium heat and drop these coated chicken pieces in to oil and deep fry till golden brown in color. ( see that the oil is on medium heat, if its high the out side gets browned and inside the chicken will be uncooked)
- Once the chicken pokadas are fried, take them on to a paper towel to remove excess oil and now the chicken pakodas can be served as such or with any chutney like a snack or in a meal as a side dish.
Variations: Add some whole coriander and cumin seeds. Add some fresh coriander leaves. Add some onions. Add some green chilies for more spiciness. Pokadas made with boiled chicken. Add pepper powder. Add garlic powder