Chicken Manchurian (चिकन मंचूरियन, చికెన్ మంచూరియా, চিকেন মানচুরিয়ান) This is a Indo-Chinese recipe. Basically a Chinese recipe prepared in a desi style. It’s the best of both the worlds and simply delicious. This recipe can be made dry or wet and either can be enjoyed as such or with some noodles or fried rice. A vegetarian version can also be made with cauliflower, baby corn, paneer, bell peppers.
Regional Dish: India
Cuisine Style: Andhra Pradesh| Cooking Time 90 mins| Take it with fried rice/ noodles| Type Curry| Shelf Life: 1day| Quantity: 6 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (210 Kcals), Carbohydrates (17g), Protein (16 g), Fat (8g).
- Chicken 1 lbs. , bone less and cut in to pieces
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- For Mari nation:
- All-purpose flour 1 tbsp.
- Corn starch 1tbsp.
- Egg 1
- Lime juice/ vinegar ¼ tsp.
- Salt as needed
- Pepper powder as needed
- For Sauce:
- Onion 1 cup finely chopped
- Green chilies 3 slit length wise
- Spring Onions for garnish
- Hot sauce ½ tsp.
- Tomato ketchup 1 tbsp.
- Soy sauce 1 tbsp.
- Ginger Garlic paste 1 tbsp.
- Sugar ( optional)
- Water / chicken stock ¼ cup
- Mix marinating ingredients (egg, all-purpose flour, corn flour, salt, pepper and lime juice/vinegar) in a bowl and marinate chicken for minimum 30 minutes.
- Now in a medium heat pan add 2tbsp of oil and fry chicken pieces.(You can also deep fry chicken if you prefer). Fry chicken till it is cooked perfectly. Do not fry for too long as chicken will become hard, as we want the chicken to be crisp on outside and juicy inside.
- This can be done in batches so as not to overcrowd the pan. Drain well and set aside until needed.
- Now remove excess oil from the pan and in the same pan add onion pieces and green chilies Saute till soft.
- Then add ginger garlic paste and saute on low flame till the raw smell goes.
- Then add soy sauce, hot sauce, tomato ketchup, sugar ( optional) and chicken water or stock and bring this to a boil.
- Add fried chicken pieces to it and slow cook it covered till all the sauce is fully incorporated with the chicken. Check the seasoning.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with chopped spring onions and sesame seeds for that added punch.
Variation: If you want the recipe to be gravy, than add more of water or stock and thicken it with some corn starch. Add some ajino moto, Add some china salt.