Chicken lollipop (చికెన్ లోలిపోప్, चिक्केन लोल्लिपोप) The name it self is fancy as the recipe , which is suitable to this 20th Century which is made from the middle (and sometimes inner) segments of chicken wings. It is also a popular item in Indian Chinese cuisine, served with Szechuan sauce.
Regional Dish : Indian Metros , China
Cuisine Style :Indian | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Take with any chutney | Type Snack, Side dish | Shelf Life : 1 day | Quantity 5 Servings.
Appx. Nutrition values: calculated for 1 serving ( 2nos)
Calories(184), Carbohydrates(34g), Protein (10 g), Fat (5.1 g).
- 10 pieces chicken wings
- 10 g garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 10 g ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 10 g fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 10 g green chilies, finely chopped
- 10 g curry leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbs cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1 egg
- oil, to deep fry
- Break each chicken wing into two parts at the joint.
- Take each part and pull back the meat from one end of the bone to the other carefully, making sure that you do not pull the meat completely out.
- Put all the chicken lollipops in a bowl.
- Add ginger and garlic to the chicken and mix well.
- Add green chillies, parsley and curry leaves to the same ; Mix well.
- Add half a cup of all purpose flour and quarter cup of cornflour to the same; Mix well.
- Break one egg into the bowl ; add red food color and salt to taste and mix.
- Keep aside for 1 hour to marinate.
- After an hour is up, heat oil in a wok.
- Deep fry the chicken lollipops in the hot oil by holding the tip of the bone and placing the meaty section of the lollipop in the oil.
- Drain on clean kitchen paper napkins.
- Serve hot with your desired sauce.
Variations: Chicken lollipop can be served with sauces or chutneys , Chicken lollipop can be coated with bread crumbs and deep fried , Chicken lollipop can be toss with some hot sauce after seep frying to make it wet
No comments yet.