Chicken Cutlet (चिकन कटलेट) It is Indian version of chicken pattie, which is prepared with minced meat and spices that can be enjoyed as such as a snack or a side in any meal. This can also become a school lunch. It is loaded with flavors and all goodness of lean protein from chicken. This is also called as chicken kabab in some places of North India, it is prepare with chicken , whole masala, onions and channa dal cooked together and spoon dried , then made in to paste , shaped , coated with egg, rolled in bread crumbs and fried.
It is one of the popular street foods in India.
Regional Dish: North India, Andhra Pradesh.
Cuisine Style : Uttar Pradesh | Cooking Time 30 mins | Take as Such | Type Snack | Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 8 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving
Calories (220 Kcal), Carbohydrates (21.0 g), Protein (6.6 g), Fat (4.8 g).
- Chicken (boneless) -1lbs
- Onion -1 finely chopped
- potatoes -2
- green chilies- 4 nos. finely chopped
- garlic – 1 tsp.
- ginger – 1tsp.
- curry leaves – 1 sprig . chopped
- coriander leaves – 2 tbsp. chopped
- turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp.
- red chili powder -1tsp.
- coriander powder -1 tsp.
- cumin powder – 1 tsp.
- garam Masala Powder 1 tsp.
- lemon juice -1 tbsp.
- bread crumbs – 1/2 cup
- egg -1
- salt– as required
- oil — as required (if frying in oil)
- Boil the potatoes and mash them well and keep a side
- Cook the chicken pieces using little salt and once cool, mince it in a blender for about 1-2 min. ( If using minced chicken then cook it with salt and allow it to cool).
- In a thick bottomed pan pour some oil (1tbsp) on medium flame, then add the chopped onion and sauté it till light brown color.
- Now add ginger, garlic, curry leaves and green chilies and sauté for 5 min.
- Add coriander powder, cumin powder, chili powder, turmeric, and garam masala and sauté for 3-4 min.
- Add required salt , mashed potatoes and minced chicken and mix them well and cook on medium heat so that the mixture is dry to make good cutlets.
- Once the mixture is cooled add coriander leaves, curry leaves, lemon juice and mix well and make cutlets of desired shape and size, in the meantime beat an egg , now dip the cutlets in egg and roll them in bread crumbs and keep them in fridge for 15 to 30 minutes .
- Now deep or shallow fry the cutlets to brown in color on both the sides and serve it with come tomato sauce or mint chutney.
- Prepare bread crumbs by placing bread pieces in oven to 400F for around 20-30min and powdering it using a blender or by hand.
- Once the cutlets are rolled in bread crumbs they can be kept in Ziplocs and kept frozen for future use up to 2 weeks.
- Alternately bake cutlets it in oven for around 10 minutes each on both sides at 415F till light brown color.
Add mint leaves. Add some sooji instead of bread crumbs. Add channa dal instead of potatoes. Add some amchur powder. Add some fennel powder.