Chicken Curry (विशुद्ध भारतीय चिकन (मुर्गी) करी, కోడి కూర, கோழி கறி, তরকারি)
As we know chicken curry is prepared with different variations all around the world. But below mentioned recipe is what prepared in many Indian homes, with excluding one or two ingredients. This curry is enjoyed with either rice or with chapathi. As this curry is very juicy and tender.
Regional Dish: India
Cuisine Style: Indian| Cooking Time 30 mins| Take it with roti / rice| Type Curry| Shelf Life: 2 day| Quantity: 6 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (226Kcals), Carbohydrates (11.9g), Protein (16.2 g), Fat (12.5g).
- 1 -1 1/2 lb of cubed chicken tenders
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 cloves
- 1 large onion, diced
- 7 tomatoes, diced up
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt (as per taste)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro and mint
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chili powder ( as per taste)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds powder
- 1 tablespoon grated coconut ( fresh or dry)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup water
- In a large pot, heat oil and cinnamon sticks, cumin seeds, cloves for 1 minute, before they began to get dark add onions.
- Sautee’ onions for 1 minute on medium high heat, add chicken tender cubes. Cook that stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes.
- Add rest of the ingredients (saving a small amount of the cilantro for garnish at end).
- Stir and simmer on medium-low for 15 minutes.
- Then serve over rice or with chapathi. (You may add more tomato sauce, or water depending on how chunky you want the curry sauce.).
Variations: Adding coconut milk, adding lemon juice, adding some fresh plain curds.