Chicken 65 ( चिकन 65) When it comes to savory chicken dishes, Chicken 65 is deep-fried chicken in a piquant sauce. The symphony of flavors come to life in just one mouthful, making them perfect little bites for a cocktail party, or an excellent snack. A spike of lemon right before serving adds a refreshing zest.
Regional Dish: Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh)
Cuisine Style: Hyderabad| Cooking Time 30 mins| Take it with roti / rice| Type Curry| Shelf Life: 2 day| Quantity: 6 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (250Kcals), Carbohydrates (12g), Protein (20.2 g), Fat (10.5g).
- 500g skinless, boneless chicken, diced
- 2 teaspoon corn flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon ginger-garlic paste, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder, divided
- 2 pinch of ajinomoto, divided
- salt, to taste
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
- 4-5 green chilies, slit
- 10 fresh curry leaves
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoon chili garlic paste (found in oriental stores)
- 2 tablespoon oil, plus more for deep-frying
- Red food color (optional)
- ¼ cup water
- few coriander leaves, to garnish
- squeeze of lemon, to serve
- In a glass or ceramic bowl, combine chicken with corn flour, 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste, salt to taste, pinch of ajinomoto, ½ teaspoon pepper powder and egg. Mix well to coat chicken and set aside to marinate for minimum 60 minutes.
- Heat oil for deep-frying in a large wok over medium heat. Working in batches, cook chicken until light golden brown, about 6-7 minutes. Remember not to crowd the pan to prevent the oil temperature from dropping. Once done, use a slotted spoon to remove chicken. Let each batch drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds, ginger, garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Add ½ teaspoon each of pepper, chili, cumin and ginger-garlic paste. Then add curry leaves, pinch of ajinomoto, little salt and toss well. Stir in chili garlic paste and red color, if using.
- Let simmer for 3 minutes. Before adding chicken pour in ¼ cup water and stir well to combine.
- Add chicken pieces and toss well to coat. Simmer for 2 more minutes until the sauce is completely and evenly coating the chicken. Remove from heat and serve warm topped with coriander leaves and a drizzle of lemon and some raw onion rings.
No comments yet.