Channa masala (சன மசாலா,సెనగల మసాల, चना मसाला) Channa masala or chole masala is a popular vegetable dish in India. The main ingredient is chickpeas. It is fairly dry and spicy with a sour citrus note. The dish is found throughout South Asia, and is particularly popular in northern India and Pakistan. Channa masala with spinach is a vegetarian variation of a traditional and popular Indian food dish.
Regional Dish : Tamilnadu; Andhra; Punjabi; Gujarat; South and North India.
Cuisine Style : Tamilnadu | Cooking Time 25 minutes | Take with chapati or roti | Type curry | Shelf Life : 1 day.
Appx. Nutritional values : Calories (462 Kcal), Carbohydrates (82.0 g), Protein ( 13.0 g), Fat (9.1 g).
- Garbanzo beans(Kabuli kadala) 1 can
- Ginger paste 1 tsp
- Garlic paste 1 tsp
- Onion 2 nos
- Coriander powder 4 tsp
- Masala powder 4 tsp
- Chilly powder 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Tomatoes 2 nos
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and stir till brown.
- Add chopped onions and stir, till onions are cooked.
- Add coriander powder and
- Masala powder and stir, till the smell of masala powder comes out.
- Add chopped tomatoes and chilly powder and stir well, till the tomatoes blend well.
- To this, empty the entire canned Garbanzo beans (with its fluid).
- Add salt and stir well.
- The canned channa cooks in no time.
- You may add more water, if required.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1.Choley.