Chakodi or chagodilu (చకోడి, சகோடி, चकोडी) is a famous South Indian snack item. It is a crispy and crunchy item. It is prepared mostly in the states of Tamilnadu, AndhraPradesh. It is also known by many names such as Ring muruku.
Regional Dish : AndhraPradesh; Tamilnadu; South India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra Pradesh | Cooking Time 30 minutes | Take it in tea time | Type Snack | Shelf Life : 2 weeks| Quantity : 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1serving (1cup)
Calories (210 Kcal), Carbohydrates (4.0 g), Protein ( 18.0 g), Fat (12.2 g).
- Rice flour 1 cup
- Moong daal 2 spoon(soak it in water for 1 hr)
- Hot water to mix floor
- Chilly powder
- Salt to taste
- Seseme seeds 3 spoons
- Mix all the ingredients with hot water.
- Next knead the above dough until soft for about five minutes.
- Keep it aside for 1/2 hr.
- Make small balls from the dough and roll them to long round strips of 5 or 6 inches,now join the ends and press to form a ring.
- Now deep fry them in oil until they turn golden in color in batches under medium heat .
- Drain them on to a paper towel and once they reach room temperature Store it in air tight jar.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Soft Chagodi 2. Crunchy chagodi , 3.vamu chagodilu. 4. All purpose flour chagodi . 5. All purpuse flour with smome curds