Cauliflower Tomato Kura(గోబీ టొమాటో కూర,பூக்கோசு தக்காளி குற, फूलगोभी टमाटर करी) is a south Indian dish made of vegetables and lentils along with spices. It can serve kootu with rice and papad or stir fried vegetables.
Regional Dish:Andhra Pradesh; Tamilnadu; South India; North India.
Cuisine Style: Andhra Pradesh| Cooking Time 20 minutes| Take with rice or roti| Type curry| Shelf life:1 day
Appx.Nutritional values: Calories (130 Kcal), Carbohydrates (27g), Protein (5g), Fat( 1.5g).
- 1 medium sized cauliflower (wash the florets and blanche in salted water)
- 8-10 garlic flakes
- 4 medium sized onions finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric pwd
- 1 tsp red chilli pwd
- 1/2 tsp coriander pwd
- 1/4 tsp cumin pwd
- Salt to taste
- 3 big tomatoes finely chopped
- Big pinch of garam masala pwd
- 1/2 tsp jaggery(optional)
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves for garnish
1. Heat 1 tsp butter or oil in a vessel and add the blanched florets and stir fry for 4-5 mts continuosly till you get a light golden color. 2. Remove and keep aside.
3. In the same vessel add 1 tbsp oil and add garlic flakes and fry for 10-15 seconds. Now add the chopped onions and fry till transparent.
4. Add all the powders except garam masala and salt and mix well.
5. Add the tomaotes and cook till oil seperates.
6. Add the fried florets and cook covered on low heat for 3 mts.
7. Add 3/4 cup water, jaggery (if it is desired) and garam masala and cook till you get the desired gravy consistency.
8. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
9. This low calorie and vegetarian recipe goes well with rice or rotis.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : Cauliflower tamato curry with coconut masala.