Cauliflower soup (फूलगोभी का सूप)
Regional Dish: Russia, America, Europe
Cuisine Style: America | Cooking Time 35 mins | Take it as such | Type Soup | Shelf Life : 1 day |Quantity : 6 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving ( 1 cup )
Calories (98Kcals), Carbohydrates(10.3g), Protein(6.48g), Fat (4.2g)
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups of vegetable stock or water
- 2 cups milk
- 1tbs flour
- 1/2 cup finely grated cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- Remove the leaves and thick core from the cauliflower, coarsely chop, and reserve.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or soup pot over medium heat and add the onion and garlic. Cook until softened, but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until the cauliflower is very soft and falling apart, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and, puree in small batches in a blender and return it to the pot.
- Add milk, flour and the cheese and stir until smooth.
- Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper. Keep warm until ready to serve