Cauliflower Pachadi (కౌలియఫ్లవర్ పచ్చడి, பூக்கோசு பச்சடி, फूलगोभी की चटनी) is a great condiment to serve with any meal or with sandwiches. This is a simple, delicious and healthy home made recipe.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamil Nadu; Kerala; South India and North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Take with dosa or idly | Type Chutney | Shelf Life : 5 days if refrigerated | Quantity ( 15 Servings)
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving ( 1 table spoon)
calories (19 K cals), Carbohydrates (6g), Protein (1g), Fat (2.4g)
Ingredients to serve :
- Cauliflower 400 g (after removing large stalks florets)
- Red chilli powder 150 g
- Turmeric 25 g
- Salt 100 g
- Garlic cloves 12 (husk removed)
- Oil 200 g
- Fenugreek seeds 20 g
- Mustard seeds 30 g
- Asofedita 1/8 tbsp
- Lemon/Lime juice 4 tbsp
- Dry roast fenugreek seeds and mustard seeds separately and powder them.
- Wash cauliflower florets in salt water .
- Wipe with a clean cloth & dry them under shade for 5 to 6hrs, keep them aside.
- Heat oil, add garlic cloves, asofedita and saute them for a minute .
- Add cauliflower florets and saute for 1 more minute and than.
- Remove from fire and cool.
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and add this to the cauliflower.
- Mix well and add lime juice over the chutney.
- Mix thoroughly and bottle , this can be used after 24 hours.
- The quantity of salt and chilli powder can vary according to taste.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : None.