Carrot Rice (క్యారెట్ అన్నము, கிழங்கு அரிசி, गाजर की चावल, ಕ್ಯಾರೆಟ್ ಅಕ್ಕಿ) This is a very delicious and nutritious recipe of carrot rice made from carrots and spices like cinnamon and cloves. This is very tasty and easy to make.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamil Nadu; Karnataka; Kerala; South and North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 30 minutes | Take with raita | Type Lunch | Shelf Life : 1 day | Quantity : 2Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving (1cup)
Calories (84.4 Kcal), Carbohydrates (15.5 g), Protein (2.2g), Fat (2.0 g).
Ingredients to serve :
- Basmati rice 1 cup
- Grated carrot 1 cup
- Onion 1/2 sliced
- Green chillies 2 silted
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- Chilly powder 1/4 tsp
- Bay Leaf 1
- Cloves 4
- Cinnamon Stick 1
- Curry Leaves 8-10
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala or pulav masala 1/2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1tbsp
- Vegetable oil/Ghee 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Broken cashew nuts 5 to 6
- Coriander leaves 2tbsps
- Lemon juice 2 tsps
- Wash and cook the rice separately with 2 cups of water. Spread in on a tray and let it cool.
- Heat little ghee or oil in pan, add the cumin seeds, cinnamon, cloves and Bay leaf.
- Add thinly sliced onions,green chillies, ginger garlic paste and fry . Add cashew nuts fry it for a min so that they all leave the raw flavor.
- Add grated carrot and curry leaves. Saute for a while then add turmeric, chilly powder and salt
- Once the carrot is done add garam masala and cilantro.
- Finally add the cooked and cooled rice adjust the salt, add lemon juice, mix it gently and serve with Raita and Chips.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : Tamil Nadu Cuisine (Masala Carrot Sadham).